Tuesday, August 17, 2010

Cold Lakes




My roommate Danny had a friend from high school in visiting him for a few days last week. On a day that I had off, Danny had to work a double shift so Morgan & I decided to take a hike up in the Missions. It was a perfect day for a hike, not to hot or cold. What is a better day than the present to cross off another hike on my summer list.

The hike to the first lake winds you through the wilderness following a short trail following alongside a stream.
After a short bushwhack around the lake an overgrown trail leads you to the second lake (which is even more beautiful than the first).
Sadly, this is one of the last photos I will ever take w/ my camera. Shortly after I took this photo I fell into the lake holding my camera. :-( On a happier note, the cold lakes aren't really as cold as they make you think they are.

No comments: