Saturday, March 16, 2013

Run for the Luck of It

I don't really celebrate St. Patrick's Day. It's probably one of my least favorite holidays. Come to think of it, there aren't many holidays I celebrate in the spring, which just adds to my dislike of the season in general. Anywho, despite not really celebrating the holiday, there is a 5k in Missoula held the Saturday before St. Patty's day every year that I do enjoy.
It's a fast, flat course that takes you from downtown to the Northside & back only to be greeted by an Irish feast of stew, soda bread,  & beer. I beat my own PR for a 5k today (something I've been slowly working on all winter), but my knees are still giving me a lot of grief while running. Perhaps it's time to seek out another sport? *insert sad face here*

Happy St. Patrick's Day to those of you out celebrating! I will be working a string of 6 day work weeks again soon & am taking advantage of the cold & wet weather outside today to lay around w/ Bosco dog & do something we don't do often, be lazy & do nothing!

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Good picture of Stupidog.

Anonymous said...

Fly fishing should be strongly considered. I am sending out a great personel FF instructor in September for you to learn from.

Anonymous said...

And who is the lucky dude between the 2 hot chicks?

Anonymous said...

And a green Stupidog too!