Thursday, October 29, 2009

Holland Lake

After starting down the East Lake Connector Trail with Christopher the night before, I had my sights set on finishing it. So Kristin & I took off down the trail for our Thursday hike. This hike was a little over 6 miles total so I decided to leave Skyler at home to relax on the couch all day. The views were pretty spectacular.

Around the time we hit the last mile a small black and white creature caught the attention of our dogs and the went down a short bank to examine. SKUNK! After all of us being sprayed we took off for the lake to wash ourselves as best we could. The hour and a half car ride back to Missoula was not necessarily the ideal car ride home, but it was an adventure non the less. I've never been happier to leave my collie dog at home. At least she still smells nice. :-)

No comments: