Saturday, March 05, 2016

Ceremonial Starts & Taco Trucks

My day went nothing like I had it planned, but that's not always a bad thing. I was up early and once again running dogs for the ceremonial start of the 2016 Iditarod.
 
Thanks to the less than stellar volunteer coordinators I found myself having a downright terrible time as a volunteer this year. So when Brian called to ask if I wanted to meet him for lunch, I turned in my badges and headed to our meeting point. When I got there, I was searching for Brian in one of our vehicles, but found him waiting in a fancy new Toyota. While I had been running with Iditadogs all morning, he had been out test driving new trucks. Given the issues his 10 year old truck had been giving us in the last few months I wasn't upset to see the look on Brian's face that tells me he's about to make an expensive purchase. We spent the rest of the day at the dealership before coming home with a brand new Toyota Tacoma.

No comments: