Wednesday, March 26, 2014

Elopement in the Woods


If I had wanted a destination wedding, a swanky wedding, a country wedding, a homemade wedding, a grand wedding or any other type of wedding, Brian would have given it to me. However, what I've always wanted is to elope.

When I say elope I'm not talking about running off to Vegas with someone. No, for me it meant the two of us, alone in a beautiful setting, focusing on what a wedding day is really meant to be about and not being distracted from one another by the pressures of a more traditional wedding.

So Brian gave me my dream wedding.

On March 26, 2014 we met at the Apgar Amphitheater at an altar made of snow on the shore of Lake McDonald in Glacier National Park. Our dear friend Rev. Lydia officiated our simple ceremony. She gave a beautiful ceremony with many wonderful things to take with us into our future.

The wonderful Britta Marti captured our moments so that all of our friends & family could eventually be able to share in our day.



11 comments:

Unknown said...

Such Beauty. Pure. Thanks for sharing. An inspiration. Much joy to you on your endeavors lady!

Anonymous said...

Do I get a copy of that paper?

Holly Rae said...

What paper?

Summerwolf said...

Yay! Congrats Holly, it looks like a beautiful day for you.

Summerwolf said...

Congratulations Holly! It looks like it was a beautiful celebration and day. :-)

Ken and Erin Miller said...

That's the way it should be. What the two of you want. Beautiful!!

Holly Rae said...

Thanks you guys! We were very lucky to have good weather for the time spent in the park, it began raining as we were leaving.

Jen Olson said...

I did not even know you had a BLOG! I love it! You are special and cool and I am glad you have someone who knows it to the core. Blessings upon blessings. Jen

Unknown said...

Holly, you look absolutely stunning! These photos are magnificent. Thank you for sharing. All the best to you on your new journey with your husband. xx

Unknown said...

Holly, you look absolutely stunning! These photos are magnificent.Thank you for sharing. All the best wishes to you and your husband on your journey together :) xx

Holly Rae said...

Thank you SO much Shiloh! I've been keeping up w/ your adventures and beautiful photographs as well!