Monday, July 04, 2011

4th of July


























     As a kid the 4th of July meant spending time w/ family I didn't get to see all that often (our family reunion on my mom's side of the family was always held around this time of year). Every Fourth we gathered at a relative's house for food, fun, & family. Oh, and of course a little bit of explosives.
 
     Since moving to Montana the 4th of July has meant something completely different; the start of peak backpacking season.  Due to the extreme snow pack in the mountains this year I'm not sure how many trips into the back country I'll actually have this year but I couldn't resist getting out into the wilderness for at least a few miles on this long weekend.

     Only in Montana can you have a snowball fight & get a suntan in the same weekend. Enjoy the pics! & HAPPY 4TH OF JULY!!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Memories of the "Groff family adventure of 1996"