Thursday, December 23, 2010

9,000 Miles

9,000 miles & just in time. I am actually a few hundred miles over, but haven't had the time to sit down & write my next post in a while.

Typically, I keep this blog to let friends & family at different coordinates across the country keep up on my recent activities. We all know how awesome I am about talking on the phone, so this has been a good way to keep in touch w/ those I love while living so far away. However, the posts I've made while on this trip have not been about that. They have, instead, been something for me to look back on. To look back and see the best/worst time in my life (thus far). To find strength in my weakest moments. To remember what I've learned, to never lose the strength I've gained, or to never lose the appreciation of so many amazing people in my life.

I've always wanted to be able to fit every possession I need into my car. As a minimalist when it comes to a lot of things in life, I've always idolized the simplicity of being able to fit everything I need into my car. To just pick up & go. For the first time in my life, I can actually say that I can do it, and have spent the last few months proving it. I've even drastically slimmed down on my possessions during the trip to boot. Now that I know what I can & cannot live w/out I plan on going through everything in storage back home & cleaning house there too.

Among MANY other exciting things I've had the pleasure of experiencing over the past few weeks the most notable would have to be the recent birth of my newest nephew, Aron Marshall.

The journey continues...

I’m coming home. I’m coming home. Tell the World I’m coming home. Let the rain wash away all the pain of yesterday. I know my kingdom awaits and they’ve forgiven my mistakes. I’m coming home, I’m coming home. Tell the World that I’m coming back where I belong, yeah I never felt so strong. I feel like there’s nothing that I can’t try

My next post, although it will be far after 12,000 miles, won't come til after I've reached Missoula. I miss ya'll, both in Missoula & all over the country/world. If I haven't seen you already, I'll be seeing you soon. xoxo.

The beginning of the end, or the end of the beginning?


Telling me to get my shit together
now I got my shit together,
Now I made it through the weather
better days are gonna get better
I'm so sorry that it didn't work out I'm moving on,
I'm so sorry but it's over now,
the pain is gone.

3 comments:

Karina said...

Love it and love you <3

Anonymous said...

Soooo glad and happy for you that the pain is gone.

Anonymous said...

Hey, I am checking this blog using the phone and this appears to be kind of odd. Thought you'd wish to know. This is a great write-up nevertheless, did not mess that up.

- David