Saturday, July 12, 2008

Canine Good Citizen


An unexpected twist started my day today as Skyler & I were given another chance to retake the AKC Canine Good Citizen test today. She failed the test the first time thru on the last portion of the last test when after performing a sit with a stay & a down w/ a stay the darn girl wouldn't come when called. At least I knew then that she could hold a command well! Well, today she passed w/ flying colors & I am happy to say so b/c this brings us one step closer to my ultimate goal w/ this girl as becoming an animal assisted therapy dog.
Classes are going well. We're up to 20 command, no dad I'm not going to name them all, but we're moving forward & I can't believe how far we've both come. 4 weeks ago this girl couldn't even sit on command or walk up steps comfortably. I'm amazed at how far everyone in the class has come too. We were told to look around carefully on the first day of class & try & remember what each dog was like on the first day to compare to how far they've come. Amazing stuff. I wouldn't trade this life changing experience for anything else in the world... except for maybe a few more hours of sleep. ;-)
Hope all is well w/ everyone. *muah*

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Good job. No, GREAT job Holly! I can't believe it has been 4 weeks already.
Daddio